Aperire :: April
to open, uncover, awaken, reveal
Entry Deadline: Midnight, March 1st, 2024
Exhibition: April 4 – 28, 2024
The Arroyo Arts Collective invites artists to participate in Aperire :: April, a juried multi-disciplinary exhibition comprised of wall mounted works.
In homage to April – our month of blooming, shifting, and new beginnings, we invite your visual interpretations of openings, awakenings and revelations. This could mean portals, doors, windows; both literal and not – the liminal thresholds between what was and what may be, the dream and the waking, embrace and rejection… Work might also explore transitions: from bud to blossom, obscured to exposed, winds into stillness, certainty to discovery, etc. The subject is open to limitless exploration, but work should have a discernable connection to the theme.
The Arroyo Arts Collective has reserved the Makery Gallery in downtown Los Angeles for the month of April for an AAC members only* juried show, featuring wall mountable work exploring the theme: Open, Uncover, Awake, Reveal
All mediums and styles of work will be considered. Both flat and 3-dimensional art are welcome, as long as the work can be hung or mounted on a wall. No freestanding pieces will be accepted.
Maximum width of individual works may not exceed 40”, including frame.
We are also looking for performance/educational pieces to be featured during the Opening and Closing Celebrations, as well as during the run of the show. A separate call for entry for this portion of the exhibit will follow.
Juror and Curator: AAC member Susan Savory
Location: The Makery, 260 S. Los Angeles St, Los Angeles, 90012
Gallery Hours: Tuesdays,Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays, noon to 6PM.
*All entrants must be current members of the Arroyo Arts Collective to submit work.
To become a member visit www.arroyoartscollective.org, click on the JOIN link, and use PayPal. Or, provide your name, address, email, and phone number, and a check for $25 and mail to The Arroyo Arts Collective, PO Box 50835, York Station, Highland Park CA 90050. Membership dues support this and future programming.
THINGS TO KNOW:
• Each artist will be required to sit the gallery. Shifts to be determined
• All Work must be for sale
• The AAC will be responsible for all sales. A 30% commission will be applied. Please price accordingly.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Midnight, Friday, March 1, 2024
NOTIFICATION: Friday, March 15, 2024
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK: Monday, April 1, 2024 10 am – 4 pm
TO SUBMIT: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: MAKERY SHOW SUBMISSION
- You may submit up to 5 entries.
- Maximum width of individual works may not exceed 40”, including frame.
- This is a blind jury selection process. Please Do Not include or reference your name in the title of, or on the front of your submitted image(s). Images should be sent as JPG attachments to your submission email, and labeled with their title, dimensions and medium only: i.e. Blue Square 12” x 12” watercolor, along with a maximum 3 sentence artist statement per submission.
- Please Do include the following in the body of your email for each entry: artist’s name, title of work, medium, size, and price.
- More information about drop-off, pick up, gallery sitting availability and needs, and the Opening Reception will be supplied upon acceptance.
For more information or questions contact us at: email@example.com
This exhibition is supported, in part, by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, LA County Department of Arts and Culture as part of Creative Recovery LA, an initiative funded by the American Rescue Plan, the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program as funded by the State of California and administered by CalOSBA, and the Immordino Charitable Foundation.