Pop-Up Gallery 2023
April 1 – 30, 2023
Entry Deadline: Midnight, march 23rd
The Arroyo Arts Collective invites you to be a part of the Artapalooza! Pop-Up Gallery 2023. Presented by The Arroyo Arts Collective (AAC) in conjunction Checker Hall/Lodge Room.
The Arroyo Arts Collective asks artists and crafts people to submit their work for consideration to be included in the Pop-Up which will go on for the month of April. We are accepting submissions for work in any media, 2-dimensional work no larger than 46” x 46” (including frame) no more than 50 lbs. in weight. produced within last 5 years. We are also accepting submissions for crafts including jewelry, textiles, assemblage, and multi-media work.
Curators: Betty Wan Hamada, Lisa Tomczeszyn and Patricia Jessup-Woodlin
Location: 5577 North Figueroa Avenue Highland Park, CA 90042
Gallery Hours: Monday – Sunday, 12pm – 7pm
There is no entry fee, but any artist chosen to exhibit MUST BE/BECOME A CURRENT MEMBER OF THE ARROYO ARTS COLLECTIVE. To become a member, visit www.arroyoartscollective.org, click on the JOIN link, and use PayPal. Or, provide your name, address, email, and phone number, and a check for $25 and mail to The Arroyo Arts Collective, PO Box 50835, York Station, Highland Park CA 90050. Membership dues support this and future programming.
Things To Know:
• Each artist or crafts person accepted into the exhibition will be assigned a specific display space and be expected to work with the specifics of the site to safely and attractively display their work.
• Each artist will be required to sit the gallery multiple times. The shifts will be (tentatively) 12pm – 3:30pm and 3:15pm – 7pm.
• Each artist will be responsible for their own installation/display and must provide their own setup.
• This is a Cash and Carry exhibition, so artists may be asked to replenish their display from time to time.
The AAC will be responsible for all sales and a 30% commission will be charged to all art sold, so please price your work accordingly.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Midnight, Thursday, March 23, 2023
NOTIFICATION: Sunday, March 26, 2023
INSTALLATION DATE: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 10 am – 4 pm
TO SUBMIT: Send up to 3 entries. If you are accepted these do not have to be what you show.
• Name each image with last name and title. For example: Smith.Mary.TheFuture.jpg
• In body of email include for each entry: artist name, title, medium, size, price
• Send images to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subject line: Artapalooza!
For more information or questions contact us at: email@example.com
Artapalooza! is made possible, in part, through the generous support of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. This programming is presented in partnership with Checker Hall/Lodge Room.